Buy Addams Family Pinball Machine. The Addams Family Pinball Machine, launched in 1992 and is the best-selling pinball machine ever made, amounting to over 20,000 units built and sold. It was manufactured by Midway, under the Bally name. It is based on the 1991 movie of the same name, and features genuine custom speech by the movie’s stars, Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston. This Addams Family machine even includes additional models and modifications all over the playfield to bring the world of The Addams Family to life. You’ll find real models of a telephone, a model railway engine, a safe and even Uncle Fester himself sitting in the game’s electric chair.
Your objective is to “Explore the strange world of the Addams Family.” There are two central objectives:
- The Mansion: The Addams Family mansion is located in the center of the playfield and has 12 “windows”. Each window corresponds to a different room that the player can enter and receive an award for.
- Vault Multiball: In the top-right section of the playfield is a blue bookcase, representing the bookcase that Gomez shows Uncle Fester in the movie. Hits to it award letters in the word “Greed”. Once the word is completed, like in the movie, the bookcase turns, revealing a shot to the vault behind the bookcase (it is possible but rare for a ball to go into the vault when the bookcase is in the blocking position). A shot to the vault locks the ball for future multiball use, or starts the multiball when two balls have been previously locked. The bookcase also opens access to the vault at certain other times during the mini games, with varying scores and effects.
There are a number of combining factors which made this game such a major hit when released, and why it is so sought after by collectors today.
At the time of the game’s release video arcade games were declining in popularity, due to the improving quality of home games systems. Whilst at the same time pinball had experienced a host of new technological breakthroughs, such as the dot matrix display screen which is housed in the backbox. This enabled animations top be added, better explaining game objectives, special modes, and high-scores.
The gameplay is what really got players hooked, with three “toys” which enhanced gameplay and added a “wow” factor for players and spectators:
- Thing – a hand that comes out of the the box at the top right hand side of the playfield, using a magnet to pick up the ball and then disappear again
- The Power – using under-playfield electromagnets when activated it would cuase the ball to move in a random manner, devaiting it’s course and sometimes flipping it in an entirely different direction.
- Thing Flips – Above the top left flipper was an optical sensor that at certain points in the game let the machine attempt to read the speed of the ball, and taking control of the flipper from the player hit a shot on the opposite side of the field. This is the first CPU controlled flipper in pinball history. The game’s ability to use missed shots to calibrate future attempts resulted in an automatic flip that was impressively accurate.
If you’d like to try out a classic pinball machine, we have a vast collection of over 15 different classic titles from various big pinball manufacturers like Bally, Williams and Data East on display in the showroom.
This pinball machine is in great original condition,with minimal wear around the machine. The mansion at the bottom of the playfield has been covered with Mylar to help protect the inserts, and the game has benefitted from a complete LED upgrade. As usual, the game has been fully tested and plays fantastically with no problems.
Some machines we sell are fully restored, where we will fit new decals, new playfields, new parts such as ramps, and even upgrade certain items, such as the sound components. Where this type of reconditioning process has been undertaken we will make it absolutely clear that this is the case and the price will reflect the amount of time taken and costs incurred in this process.
Please ensure you fully check that a pinball of this size will fit into your intended location and ensure it will fit through your doorways.
Our pinball machines are available from stock and usually take 2 to 4 weeks to be reconditioned and to be taken through our 26-point check. Sometimes this can be turned around in a quicker time frame; at other times it can take a little longer, especially if any parts are needed. You should then allow 7 to 10 working days for your pinball machine to be delivered, depending upon location and customer availability.
Please note that our classic pinballs tend to sell very quickly, so please call us before visiting the showroom to check we still have this particular model available.
Delivery and Installation will be made to the ground floor room of your choice, provided we can park our delivery van near to your property, have easy access and no steps or steep slopes to negotiate.